Please save the weekend 25/26 March 2017 for our UBIE meeting, which will be in London. This will be our Annual General Assembly.
We found out in the past week that there will be a large ‘Unite for Europe’ demonstration in central London on the afternoon of 25 March, so we have had to change some things around. Please let us know which events you will be attending here: https://goo.gl/forms/efy5a2dFZ
24 March Friday
- 15:00-17:00: Walking tour of the City of London with Mike Webber, archaeologist. Wear sturdy shoes, we may go down to the Thames river beach! Meet in front of St Paul’s cathedral (St Paul’s tube)
- 18:30-19:30: Public Meeting: ‘Basic Income and the Europe we want’ – St Clements church, Kings Square London EC1V 8DA (Old Street tube)
Reports on the situation with basic income in the different countries plus a discussion with trade unionists about their concerns
- 21:00-23:30: Reception with food at the Royal Star pub, City Road EC1V 2PN (food free, drinks on you)
25 March Saturday
- 09:00: Coffee / tea at GMB headquarters, 22 Stephenson Way NW1 2HD (Euston tube)
- 09:30-12:00 Workshops at GMB
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00: Travel to Hyde Park/Pall Mall for ‘Unite for Europe’ march (50,000+ people expected)
Afterwards free time, but some suggestions in the Euston area:
Diwana Bhel Poori House 121-123 Drummond St, London NW1 2HL Indian vegetarian restaurant (£15-20 per person)
The Bree Louise Pub 69 Cobourg St, London NW1 2HH Traditional real ale pub with home-made meat pies (£10-20 person)
(Reminder that the clocks go forward one hour overnight)
26 March Sunday
- 10:00 – 18:00 (with breaks for coffee and lunch): UBIE General Assembly at GMB Union headquarters, 22 Stephenson Way, NW1 2HD
There are a limited number of free spaces available in friends’ apartments for those who need it. If you know someone in London who can offer an extra bed or couch for a UBIE member, or if you need a place, please let us know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many hostels in London for around £20-35 a night in a shared dorm room. Most convenient will be YHA St Pancras http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/l
The meeting places on both Friday and Saturday are in central London and easily accessible by both bus and underground from anywhere else in London.
UBIE can offer a limited number of people up to 150 euros travel subsidy. Please write to email@example.com if you need financial help to attend.
A more detailed agenda for the meetings / workshops will be sent out by the end of February. If you can let us know which kinds of workshops you are interested in on the form this will help us plan them.
Unconditional best wishes!
Barb, Daniel, Quentin, Lena, Nicole